17 Jun FaceBookIt: Makeup Inspired by Jennifer Wilde’s They Call Her Dana
and guest writer Juvy Ann Lazo of Plump Cheeks
Hey, Cheer Readers! Welcome to FaceBookIt, a section where we come up with makeup looks based on our favorite book covers. Check out previous looks here!
But let me first introduce myself: I am Juvy from Plump Cheeks and I am super excited and thankful to be invited to do FaceBookIt with Elaine here on bookbed. Now let’s get the ball rollin’!
The theme for this month is Crossroads and the book I chose to feature is They Call Her Dana by Jennifer Wilde.
I chose this book because the main character, Dana O’Malley, had to overcome several different crossroads on her way out of poverty before discovering the secret of her birth.
I read the book years ago but it remains to be one of my favorites (and probably the thickest book I’ve read, too!). I never imagined myself reading a romance novel set in the 19th century and actually liking it. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it as well if you plan to add it to your reading list.
Anyway, as a collaboration post, Elaine and I will be sharing two (yes, TWO) looks with you: one for the Day and one for the Night.
Elaine is in charge of the Day look. Let’s see what she’s come up with in her video.
- e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia
- Happy Skin Eye Am Here to Stay 24h Gel Eyeliner in Chic Brown
- Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in 10 Noir
- K-Palette Zero Kuma Concealer in Type 1
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Ebony
- Chanel Rouge Coco #440 Arthur
As for the Night look, here’s what I did.
- Revlon Photoready Concealer in Medium for the undereyes
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent to set the concealer
- Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Hazelnut Latte all over
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer for contours
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette in Mood Exposure as cheek blush
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette: Ambush – all over the lids and lower lash line, Habit – browbone highlight
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer on the crease to blend the harsh edges
- Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Black Diamond eyeliner over the upper lash line and lower water line
- Fairydrops Mascara
- 3CE Eyebrow Shaper in Gray Brown
- Rimmel London Provocalips 16hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour in Heart Breaker
Let me just say, the Urban Decay eyeshadow in Ambush is amazing. It made my look so easy to do and I was able to create this look in no time!
Also, this Rimmel London Provocalips 16hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour in Heart Breaker is a must-have if you want to achieve this look. I am super in love with the shade! My nighttime look would be incomplete without this!
And that’s FaceBookIt Look #8! Easy and quick to do, right? Hope you like it!
What books do you want me to recreate next? And how are guys finding this series? Do you like the video tutorials? Let us know in the comments below or tag us on Facebook. ☁
Recreating this look? Do not forget to tag us on Instagram: @bookbed!