26 Apr #AReaderEveryDay goes to Manila
We’re on the last week of our #pagBasa month, but you know that for us here at bookbed, reading never goes out of style. This is why our celebration continues with the launch of the second leg of #AReaderEveryDay in Manila!
For this leg, we’ve partnered with When In Manila, an award-winning online lifestyle magazine… run by a community of storytellers as well!
We’re excited to raise book donations with you to benefit the Suit Elementary School in Dagupan City through The Storytelling Project or TSP.
If you’ve been living with your nose forever perched in a book, TSP is a non-government organization that shares the same advocacy of spreading the habit of reading. They implement a three-phase program: 1) month-long storytelling sessions, 2) library project, and 3) reading club formation.
The school, which is now on Phase II, accepts children’s books, young adult books, reference books for kids and teens and activity books, provided they are in good condition.
Donations may be dropped off at our partner establishments listed below:
- Z Hostel at 5660 Don Pedro Street, Makati City
- The Learning Library at 2F, 41 Esteban Abada Street, Quezon City
- Tweedle Book Cafe at 106B Sct. Gandia, Quezon City
- Tambayan Capsule Hostel at 607 Bocobo Street, Malate, Manila
- Diner on 16th at 16 United St. Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig (Behind Uncle Moe’s)
#AReaderEveryDay in Manila runs until June 2016.
Let’s help build libraries in communities. For a #readingnation! ☁