by Lindy Gamolo
Instituto Cervantes is one of the best producers of free bookmarks in the country and the only one that produces the kind of bookmarks I can only expect receiving from my international exchanges. If you’re also a bookmark collector residing here, you know what I mean. Free bookmarks are rare, much more the “collection-material” ones.
Good thing I used to gatecrash at Instituto Cervantes in many of their events. That was how I discovered that they distribute free bookmarks. And if you know me, I wouldn’t let a chance pass without checking out if a new piece is out for free, again.
So for this month, I’m sharing my marcadores de Instituto Cervantes with you.
These bookmarks are a dream for two main reasons:
First, because they feature some of the great authors of the Spanish literature:
Grandes Autores de la Literature En Español
- Victoria Ocampo (Buenos Aires, 1890-San Isidro, 1979)
- Gabriel Aresti (Bilbao, 1933-1975)
- Salvador Espriu (Santa Coloma de Farners, 1913-Barcelona, 1985)
- Rosalia de Castro (Santiago de Compostela, 1837-Padron, 1885)
- Jose Lezama Lima (La Habana, 1910-1976)
And second, because they feature some of the great poems written by famous Spanish poets:
Poems and Publications
- El son enterso, de Nicolas Guillen
- Canto general, de Pablo Neruda
- Soneto, de Lope de Vega
- La regenta, de Leopoldo Alas Clarin
- La realidad y el deseo, de Luis Cernuda
- Desde la torre, de Francisco de Quevedo
Now the marcadores, everyone. Indulge on them!