Here’s a recap of the awesome year we had:
In January, we…
- redesigned our website.
- reopened the Bookbed Store.
- built the Bookbed Room.
- launched another Bookbed Shirt through Tee Talk PH.
The next month, February, we participated in the International Book Giving Day event by Adarna House. We were also part of the Book Fiesta organized by the National Book Development Board in celebration of World Book and Copyright Day, and part of Clover Hartly‘s Project RE-STORE in April.
In June, we…
- finished MV Redemption, the first Booktungan story.
- launched #MagbasaMonday by Bibi Mangki, the reading monkey.
- started #BookbedMeets.
- were part of Eden&June’s Finders Keepers flea market.
Then we turned seven in July, receiving book donations for #AReaderEveryDay from #BookwormsUnitePH. (We shared them with The Storytelling Project and JCI Duwaling.) The next month, August, we called submissions for #BookbedFictory, our first fic writing competition.
In October, we…
- held our second #BookbedMeets, courtesy of Pandayan Bookshop.
- were given the opportunity to talk about our community at the Philippine Normal University through Every Teacher A Reader.
- posted all the qualified entries for #BookbedFictory.
- launched the #HeistClub column.
The People in Print series started in November.
In December, we…
- hosted our third #BookbedMeets.
- was part of Clover Hartly’s third pop-up shop event.
- participated at BLTX Davao for the first time.
It has been an amazing year, and we would like to thank the following people and groups for their support, trust and contribution to everything we were able to achieve this 2017: our Sellers, our Roomies, our Contributors, our website designer Mary Silvestre, #BookwormsUnitePH, #HeistClub, #romanceclass, 8Letters, Adarna House, Clover Hartly, Every Teacher A Reader, Inquirer.net, the National Book Development Board, Pandayan Bookshop, TeeTalk.ph, The Storytelling Project, all the Authors that sent us review copies of their works, the MV Redemption writing team, the #BookbedFictory participants, everyone who attended our #BookbedMeets, organizers of #BLTXDavao, organizers of all the Events we were part of, and most especially you, our Readers and Dreamers. May your passion never waver. See you all in 2018!
Anything to share? :)