The biggest book fair in the country is back, and the book budol will be worth it!
Held from September 15 to 18, 2022 at the SMX Convention Center Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City, the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) reopens its doors to all readers after two years of being held online. Yey!
If you’re like me, Bibi Mangki #thereadingmonkey, then this event is an exciting one for you. In fact, I’ve already gone to Days 1 and 2 to give my fellow readers a heads-up on what’s up!
Here are some of my recommendations. Make sure to always double check the booth numbers and schedule of events on the MIBF Facebook page so you know where exactly to go and arrive ahead of time. Have fun and stay safe!
- A Basket in War by Mary Ann Ordinario, illustrated by Aldy C. Aguirre
- Si Janus Silang series by Edgar Calabia Samar
- Si Mona Ballerina ni Weng Cahiles, guhit ni Pat Portugal
- Niña Inocente ni Augie Rivera, guhit ni Juno Abreu
- Abiva Publishing House
- Maging Ligtas sa Coronavirus (Mga Kaalaman At Patnubay sa mga Bata) ni Eugene Evasco, guhit ni Percy Acuna
- Orphan Price by Joel Donato Ching Jacob
- Of Myths and Men by Catherine Dellosa
- Tarantadong Kalbo by Kevin Eric Raymundo
- A First Look at Philippine Birds by Maria Elena Paterno, illustrated by Crispin Dayao, Jr.
- Harvest Moon: Poems and Stories from the Edge of the Climate Crisis
- Floral de Filipinas
- Rizal without the Overcoat by Ambeth Ocampo (new and limited edition)
- Clothing the Colony by Stephanie Coo
- Trese by Budjette Tan, illustrated by Kajo Baldisimo
- Kikomachine Komix by Manix Abrera
- La Revolución Filipina: The Political Writings of Apolinario Mabini Vol. 1 (1898-1899)
- Cultural Center of the Philippines
- The Book Nook by the National Book Development Board
- 8Letters Bookstore and Publishing and Aklat Alamid at the Indie Village
- Komiket PH