Madayaw, Davaoeños! Looking for a study or reading space around the city? The new Davao City Library and Information Center (CLIC) may be a great option!
Located on C. Bangoy Street (Ponciano) and open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekdays, CLIC has cozy facilities and extensive collection, ranging from children’s literature, fiction, and nonfiction to Filipiniana and Mindanawon titles. I also liked the paintings displayed on different floors! (I hope next time there are accompanying information cards beside them.)
Speaking of floors, I navigated the five-storey building and found out that:
- The first floor hosts newspapers, magazines, and periodicals.
- The second floor is for children with resources, activities, and equipment for hybrid learning.
- The third floor is where the formal reading area is.
- The fourth floor houses the Davao City Call Center.
- The fifth floor is for fresh air! With a bird’s eye view of downtown and an organic urban garden.
- There are toilets and elevator access on every floor, except for going to the fifth floor.
Students, teachers, and all kinds of readers alike are welcome. Registration for a library card for both city residents (PHP 100) and non-residents (PHP 30) are available as well. I was supposed to get mine but sadly, the system was down that day! I’ll have to make another visit someday soon, so I can also bring some book donations. Kita ta diri! ☁
Anything to share? :)